Black Top History

Black Top Blended Scotch Whisky

Deerstalker Whisky labelBrand History

Black Top whisky is part of Deerstalker whisky company and this name traces its origins back to 1880. Owned by a wine and spirit merchant named J.G.Thomson their offices were in Leith in Scotland (this is the port that serves Edinburgh) and became known as The Vaults. The building is today home to the Scottish Malt Whisky Society. Exports took place from The Vaults to all corners of the globe.

Black Top Blended Scotch Whisky is only bottled in Scotland and comprises the finest single malt and grain whiskies. It became part of this portfolio in 1994. It is sold in several export markets.Black Top Scotch Whisky logo

Our presentation features a green glass bottle, Black Top text on a cream background and a black cap with ‘Bottled in Scotland’ in gold. Our motto in Latin ‘Honestus Et Beatus’ features at the top of the label.

This translates to ‘Honourable and blessed with fortune’. Everything one expects when consuming a fine Scotch whisky!

Vaults image below courtesy of www.allaboutedinburgh.co.uk

Black Top Blended Scotch Whisky image of glass of whisky